Root LG G4 H810 Without Bricking Your Device
LG G4 H810 Root
LG G4 is one of its kind mobile phone available in the market with Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 with X10 LTE, 3gb RAM, 3000mAh Li-Ion battery, 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440, 538ppi), 16mp rear and 8mp front facing camera. If you want to root LG G4, you’d surely love this guide.
The mobile geeks doesn’t like their phone without root access and its pretty hard to root LG G4 AT&T H810 because their boot loaders are locked and so custom recoveries like TWRP cannot be installed. But no worries, here’s a step by step guide which will help you in rooting your LG G4 H810 without any difficulty and lesser risk of bricking your phone.
So let’s begin with the process of how to root LG G4.
Here are some prerequisites listed below:
- Your phone should be running Lollipop 5.1, nothing more and nothing less. If you want to know how to downgrade your phone from Marshmallow 6.0 to 5.1, please follow this step by step guide on how to downgrade LG G4 H810 to Stock ROM LL 5.1.
- Download LG Root
- LG Mobile Drivers. (You can download from this folder here).
- A micro USB cable attached to your PC.
- Rooted System img file for LG G4 H810
1. Download your system image files from the link above, extract it on your PC and copy the file inside your Internal SD card of your phone. Do not rename the file as the exact commands will be used to flash the file. Do copy the system img file into root directory of your internal SD card.
2. Enable ADB debugging in your device. (Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with “You are now a developer”).
3. Open Developer options and enable ‘USB debugging’.
4. Now extract LG G4 Root.zip which you should’ve downloaded previously on your PC. Open a command prompt in the folder by pressing Shift+Right Click of your mouse in an empty area in the folder and you should see ‘Open command window here’. See image below.
5. Now you should see a command prompt window opened. Make sure the device is connected to the PC. (Copy+paste commands recommended).
Now your device must be listed in CMD like this. Device ID’s cannot be identical in the image shown below so don’t worry.
6. If your device is connected and shown in the CMD, lets continue ahead. Now in the same command prompt window, we need to execute another command which will upload the necessary files onto the phone for this root method.
7. Time to reboot your phone into Download mode. To do so, power off your device. While its powered off, hold down ‘Volume Up’ key and insert your USB cable which is connected to the PC. The phone will turn itself on and drivers will install. Let it install drivers and do not disconnect the USB cable meanwhile.
8. Lets find on which port your phone is connected to the PC. To do that, double click the ports.bat file in your LG G4 Root folder. You should be looking for DIAG port.
You can exit this CMD prompt window if you want to after noting down the COM port. Its not necessary that your COM port must be similar to shown in the image above, it usually varies.
9. Keep your device in ‘Download mode’ and do not detach USB cable yet. Its time to run some more commands, copy paste the command below in CMD window. If it fails to connect, make sure you entered the correct COM port.
10. Now type “id” and press Enter (without quotes). You should see some text starting with “uid=(0)root gid=(0)root”. If you do not see such text, press Ctrl + C and repeat Step 9.
11. Its time to flash the rooted system image file. Run the command specified below. I would recommend to Copy+Paste the commands and do not try to type it manually for zero risks.
For AT&T LG G4 H810 10o:
T-Mobile H811 10H:
Sprint LS991 ZV5:
VZW VS986 11A:
AT&T H810 10G:
You will need proper OTA to the listed versions before you can apply this root method.
12. It shouldn’t take long, after few minutes you should see “#” sign in your CMD window which indicates that the process has finished.
13. After seeing “#” sign, type “LEAVE” (without quotes) in the CMD prompt and your phone should reboot normally. Congrats your phone is rooted now. Remember not to take any OTA updates after rooting your phone.
Enjoy with your rooted LG G4 H810 – Root Lg G4 .
Have any questions? Feel free to leave a comment.
You May Also Like: Fast Charging Car Charger 2019