Technology runs virtually everything in the world today, ranging from the health sector, education sector, agriculture, and many more. As such, teachers and students should not only rely on services that can write papers for money in illustrating the use and application of tech, but also become more hands-on. As such, the introduction of technology education should not play a peripheral role in the current system but become central in approach to all things education.
So how can education technology meet the needs of students?
Ways to Use Education Technology in Enhancing the Learning Process
- Implementation of digital classrooms to increase accessibility and organization
Facilitation of lesson organization, classwork, issuance of handouts, and availing class materials to students can get implemented through the use of digital classrooms like Schoology and Google Classroom.
- Creating a student-centered and personalized instruction. It’s always difficult to meet the needs of every student in a class. As such, the use of technology can assist instructors to do targeted teaching and address the needs of each student accordingly.
- Enhance the engagement level. Nothing pleases a teacher more than a class excited and participating in the lesson. Technology bridges this gap as students can get engaged in the lesson as opposed to physical learning when teachers prepare adequately.
- Dump textbooks and reinvigorate the classrooms. In the current age and time, teachers no longer act as the sole gatekeepers of information, but rather, as a guide to students in seeking relevant sources of information that can help them. So make good use of digital learning materials available to teach students.
- Differentiate how learners can demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through things like videos, photo journals, websites, podcasts, graphic designs, etc. unlike solely relying on tests, presentations, and essays. Once learners understand how to use such tools, you should set them free to pick their preferred method of communicating back their understanding of concepts.
- You have to teach modern skills of the 21st century. Incorporate some simple computing skills like email composition, word processing, PowerPoint presentation, google slides, among many others. Having advanced computing skills like web design and computing can put you in good stead in the future job market.
- You can convey abstract life experiences through augmented or virtual reality when students struggle to learn the content you avail technologically. Virtual google expeditions, for example, offer a perfect opportunity for students to learn using virtual reality.
- Expand the classroom walls. Physical learning field trips can get considered as a perfect linking point of students with others and industry players in ideal situations. However, google hangouts and Skype, to mention but a few, can the same connection happens virtually and affordably.
- Impart digital citizenship to cushion students from the technological shocks the rapid tech revolution can offer as time goes by.
- Encourage social sharing among students to help them understand concepts better on digital platforms. Most students who belong to the z-generation a lot about technology, and it becomes smart to use this as a tool in helping them learn.
Education technology not only promotes learning in the current dispensation but equips learners to brace for future tech developments. Therefore, it becomes essential not only for teachers to embrace and make good use of education technology, but encourage learners and other stakeholders to embrace it fully.